Monday, October 19, 2009

China Buffet

When I lived in China people would often come up to me and ask to be my friend. What they really wanted was someone to practice their English with. At first I really enjoyed it until I realized that a good portion of the population of China wanted to learn and practice their English and therefore many, many people wanted to be my friend.

Well, when I came back to the US this year I was on a lookout for a Chinese friend. I wanted to have the opportunity to practice my Chinese. What better place to look for a Chinese friend in a small town than at the Chinese restaurant.

This is where I met Jenny. I pretty much had no shame and asked her if we could be friends. :) Jenny and her husband came from China but met each other here in the states. They both work at the China Buffet.
I am really thankful that Jenny and I are friends. I love being able to use my Chinese when I talk to her. I think Jenny is thrilled to have someone she can talk to in Chinese as well as she is not all that confident in her English (I think it is pretty good!).

As soon as I walk into the China Buffet, I am warmly welcomed with smiles. Everyone there (including the cooks) know who I am. It is fun to have a China connection even in a small town in Wisconsin! Please ask that I would have some opportunities to share with them about Hope.

1 comment:

Carolyn0107 said...

I love the China Buffet!