Friday, October 23, 2009

Car Accident

“I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:11-13

It is interesting that I have been reading and rereading through Philippians lately about being content in any circumstance because I was just in a car accident. I dozed off for a split second behind the wheel and hit the guard rail and then spun around and hit the guard rail on the opposite side of a two lane interstate. My car did a complete 360. Thankfully no one else was involved in the accident.

I am really sore right now and in a state of shock but I am fine. I am very thankful that I am still alive. Our Father is soooo good!! My dad drove three hours to come pick me up.

I don't really know what I am going to do for transportation until the insurance stuff gets worked out but I know that while things seems a little out of control at the moment - He is in complete control! I have so much to be thankful for!


1 comment:

Carolyn0107 said...

Oh, Mara. I can relate about falling asleep. I did so once on the interstate and went into the ditch in the middle. Waking partially I over corrected and began going to wrong way on the interstate, in my lane, but the wrong way. Again I corrected and jackknifed backwards into the ditch in the right. No accident with another car but several cars stopped so they were close by. One lady almost called 911 thinking I had maybe had a heart attack until I told her I was fine, that I had fallen asleep. I am so glad that you are ok. Sorry about your car.
Love you. Aunt Carolyn