Saturday, October 3, 2009

中秋节快乐!

Today people all over China are celebrating the Mid-Autumn festival. It is also called the Moon Festival. Chinese friends and family members will gather to look at the full moon or the harvest moon. The farmers also celebrate the end of the summer harvest on this day. People usually eat mooncakes. They are little pastries made in the shape of the moon. Many people give them as gifts to each other at this time of the year.
I must admit that I am not a big fan of mooncakes but I am a little sad that I am not in China to eat them with my friends this year. So to all my Chinese friends...

中秋节快乐! Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!!! I miss you!

1 comment:

Jay Smith said...

Hi Mara,
Those little cakes are so cute! Do you use molds to get the designs on top?