My roommate and I often comment on how people with young children love to talk about their kids all the time. It is only natural since that is a HUGE part of their lives. I can listen to their conversation and I do but my mind will translate everything to well...my dog. You see, he is like my child. When people talk about disciplining their children, I think of Boaz. When another baby makes a cute expression, it reminds me of Boaz. You may think it is pretty pathetic (and as I write I am tempted to think the same thing) but Boaz is a HUGE joy in my life right now.
Along with this bundle of joy comes many frustrations. I have not been home much over the past several months and the time away has taken its toll on Boaz. He has become increasingly naughty. Someone pointed out to me awhile back that he desires attention. He spends most of his day in his kennel which we call his house. He usually loves his house and will go to it with no problems. Lately, it has not been so easy. He will not go right away. He has to be told several times. This can be problem when we are rushing to get out of the door.
Even though Boaz can be a pill sometimes, I am so thankful for him! Whenever I walk in the door after a long day, he is there to greet me. As we are approaching Thanksgiving, I must admit that one of this things I am most thankful for this year is my dog. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment