Now I must start out by sharing that most Chinese in China do not know how to bake. They cook the most amazing foods but they do not have ovens. These moms loved baking so much that several of them are now on a search for an oven. They are also searching for items such as vanilla which was their first time to see. These things can be purchased here for a price. (One that most foreigners are willing to pay in order to bake!)
I had a wonderful time that evening. It was fun to be able to take a break from decorating the New Office and just hang out with some other ladies. I am realizing that while I love helping to get the new office up and running, I am missing out on some one on one interaction with people. I think this evening was even more enjoyable for me than it was for the moms!
2 comments:
I'd love to be there and enjoy some of that banana bread!
I made banana bread once and accidentally left out the vanilla. It still came out tasting good. Tell the moms that if they can't find vanilla, or it's too expensive, they can still bake without it.
Post a Comment