One of the frustrating things about living overseas is the inability to get things done as I would like. Take my hot water for instance. The problem with our hot water is, well...we don't have hot water. We have not had hot water for over two months. We have been taking very cold showers and I have about had it with them. What I wouldn't give to have a very hot bath or a shower. I would like the ability to wipe the soap suds off. I would like to not have to put one limb under at a time. I would like to feel that I am actually clean.
In all fairness, when our hot water started acting up we would be able to get an occasional hot shower after running the water for about 20 minutes. Not anymore! We have not had a hot shower in several weeks.
I called my landlord about this eons ago. He came and looked at it and said there was no problem. He turned it on and the pilot light would light so there was no problem in his eyes. I told him that the problem was not fixed but he left anyway and said it was. A couple of weeks ago I called him again and said it has not been fixed. He told me he would come right away to look at it. I sat at home and waited. He never came. I then called him and asked when he was coming over. He said the day after next. Well, once again I waited. He did not come. I called him the next day and he said he had no time to come over. I asked him if I could go ahead and have it fixed myself. He said no. I kept calling him this past week and had a Chinese friend call as well. Finally this past Saturday he and his wife came over. They declared that the hot water heater was broken (shocker). I asked when they could have it fixed. He said he did not know.
And so here we are again...waiting. I wish that I could just take things into my own hands. I know I cannot. I know that I must just sit back and wait, knowing that I cannot control every situation. I may not have hot water but I am so thankful that I do at least have water!
1 comment:
So sorry about the lack of hot water. I'm glad it's summer!
Post a Comment