Monday, June 2, 2008

Massage

Molly and I did something on the spur of the moment the other day. This rarely happens. We are not what you would consider spontaneous people but she said her neck was soar and I said, "lets get a massage". And so we did...

Here we are in our massage room for two people. The hour long massage costs us about 7 dollars per person. Not a bad price. However, there were times during it that I could not believe I was actually paying someone to cause so much pain. Chinese massages are not the most relaxing in the world. (They are done based on pressure points in our body and I think my guy took a little bit of pleasure in pressing harder when I yelped from the pain...)

I for one did not think I had any pain in my back before I started the massage. I asked the guy why it was that my lower back and hips hurt so much when he was working on them. His response was matter of fact. He said, "Because your hips are tired." I am still trying to figure out what that means....

No comments: